MuslimParents.SG is proud to present… Our annual Family Fiesta!
2pm-4pm: Seminar – Parenting Hacks for Muslim Parents
4pm-5pm: Final round of Junior Quran Competitions (details can be found on our home page) FREE ENTRY TO PUBLIC!
5pm-6pm: Activities for the whole family! FREE ENTRY TO PUBLIC!
On top of all these, there will be booths selling items for the Muslim family!
Parenting Hacks for Muslim Parents
1.Confessions of a Muslim Parent by Mdm Nura J, Founder of Pearlista Hair Salon
- What I wish I knew before I started parenting
- My parenting journey: what worked
- How I help my children to identify as Muslims
2. Muslim Parents: Accidental Religious Teachers? by Ustaz Mohd Hafiz Kusairi, Lecturer in Tertiary Education
- The basics that every Muslim parent must teach children
- The basics that Muslim children need to survive in secular school
- The basics that Muslim children need to thrive in Singapore
3. Learning Islam Part-time: Keeping it Real by Ustaz Muhd Fadhlullah, HOD Education, Darul Arqam
- The challenges in teaching Islam part-time and how parents can fill in the gaps
- Issues that Muslim students surface in class
- How the best students develop in a part-time madrasah
- Burden & guilt in parenting
- Hacks and practical advice for hijab, solat, friends, self-discipline
To book your seat, please add the item to your cart and check out either using PayPal (or MasterCard) or select Direct Bank Transfer and follow the steps given in the instructions. For bank transfer, please make payment within 3 days to facilitate registration and email the proof of transaction to firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise your reservation will be considered void.
For parents with kids aged 4-8 years old, we are providing child-minding services during our Parenting Hacks Seminar. The price is $18/child, $30 for 2 children
Do take note of the following:
1. No snacks will be provided – hence children are to have eaten their meal before the seminar
2. We will not take responsibility for injuries borne out of mischief. However, we have enough child-minders on hand to keep a close lookout for your child. Ratio of child-minders to children is 1:5.
3. Materials will be provided to occupy them.
4. Children below the age of 4 must be seated with their parents and cannot be admitted for this service.
5. Children above the age of 8 must be seated with their parents and get a paid seat.
6. Please indicate the name and date of birth of your child under ‘Note’ when you check out the item in your cart.