For Both Men and Ladies (You can listen together with your partner!)
Assalaamu’alaikum wr wb
Parenting styles and methods come and go. One year, the time-out method was the go-to method for disciplining children, the next year, it was deemed ineffective. One year, praising children for their effort seems to be the best way to build their confidence, the next year, it was seen as actually eroding their self-esteem. Theories and practices created by man are never perfect and sometimes contradict each other, so which ones do we follow?
Gentle parenting is different – it is not a label for a fixed set of rules and theories but a method of parenting that embraces the needs of parent and child. It means parenting with empathy and respect, but at the same time, it also teaches the child boundaries.
When we read through stories of the prophets in the Quran and their interaction with their own children, and stories from accounts of the Prophet’s companions who went through their childhood and adolescence in his blessed company, we realise that gentle parenting does tie in with the tarbiyyah of raising children. The stories have always been there, but it is up to us to see it from a fresher perspective and bring it into the way we bring up our children.
What This Course Will Cover:
- The basis of gentle parenting: Empathy, Respect, Understanding, Boundaries.
- Stories from the Quran that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting
- Ways the Prophet SAW treated children around him that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting
- Building faith through a gentle approach
- Disciplining children as they turn into adolescents: developing morals and good social characters & disciplining nafs (desires)
Format and Syllabus of Course:
This course is going to be co-conducted by two speakers, Sis Suliyati and Ustaz Abu Sufian, so both you and your partner can listen in together!
This is a 4-week course that will enable you to follow the lessons without having to leave your home. You may listen to it on your way to work or just before you go to bed, and because the lessons are downloadable, you can listen to it again and again!
Every Monday starting from 23 December 2019, you will be sent 2 Audio lessons weekly via email, which you can download. The written transcript will also be attached so that it is convenient for you to read as you listen. It is also helpful to make you reflect even after listening to the audio files.
Just like our Quran classes, students will be given a few questions to reflect on as homework (yes, we believe that homework is necessary to ensure that active learning takes place! :)) and then they will be discussed via a live session (students will be invited to a virtual live session) on the Sunday of the week, at 5-6pm Singapore time. You are encouraged to share your reflections with other fellow parents.
For those of you who are shy about showing your face, don’t worry, we won’t be able to see you during the live session, though you can see us! If you are unable to join the live sessions, don’t worry too! The live sessions are recorded and will be sent to you as an audio file.
Lesson 1: The basis of gentle parenting: Empathy, Respect, Understanding, Boundaries.
Lesson 2: Stories from the Quran that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting (part 1)
Lesson 3: Stories from the Quran that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting (part 2)
Lesson 4: Ways the Prophet SAW treated children around him that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting – developing emotions
Lesson 5: Ways the Prophet SAW treated children around him that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting – building faith
Lesson 6: Ways the Prophet SAW treated children around him that demonstrate the foundations of gentle parenting – encouraging worship
Lesson 1: Disciplining children as they turn into adolescents: developing morals and good social characters
Lesson 2: Disciplining children as they turn into adolescents: disciplining nafs (desires)
A few important notes:
- All resources are downloadable and can be accessed anytime and anywhere, even after the course has ended
- You may either choose to pay via PayPal or Mastercard or Direct Transfer.
- For those who opt for Bank Transfer, please make payment within 3 days and send proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not reply to the invoice sent to your email. Delayed payment will result in your order being cancelled. Thank you for your kind understanding 🙂
- The first 20 pax to sign up will be able to enjoy the discounted price of $80 (UP $90). – FULLY REDEEMED